Sunday, February 28, 2010




Home Made Chicken Dumplings

I was craving something chicken-soupy and soul-warming but not too heavy, so I decided to give these Asian style chicken dumplings in broth a go and this was the result.

I think I'll need a bit more practice to get the wrappers done up perfectly - some of them were a bit top heavy - but the flavours and textures were exactly what I was after.

Getting Wren to help make the dumplings ensured that she would eat them, and we all ended up slurping our way to the bottom of our bowls without any complaints. A miracle in our house!

I'd love to make them again soon. I had my own chicken stock in the freezer and I don't think I'd want to substitute with powdered stock or stock cubes. Maybe a store bought liquid soup at a stretch, but I think I'll wait till we have another roast chook and make a batch of stock from the bones like I usually do.

I can't claim to have invented the recipe this time, but what I can do is direct you to the website that I found it on:




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Will try them soon - better still, pop over here and make them for me!

    ReplyDelete